Diploma in Agriculture (Plant Science)
Diploma in Plant Science course is based on the job required to be performed by a middle level agriculture technician in different institutions of Nepal. Diploma in Agriculture course extends over 3 years. The first year focuses on basic sciences and fundamental subjects, the second year on agriculture, soil management and conservation, community development and running a farmer field school, and the third year is given to cover the other agriculture related subjects and to the application of learned theory and skill development within comprehensive practice settings in both agriculture related institutions and communities.
- To provide technical knowledge and skills in different aspects of agriculture, horticulture and plant protection with community development and entrepreneurship.
- To produce quality human resources to provide technical and managerial services in public and private agriculture sector
- To develop competency in agriculture related enterprises
- To provide extensive field-based experiences to meet specific and growing needs of different agriculture and horticulture stakeholders.
- Entry Eligibility: SEE pass (Must obtain C Grade in any two subject among English, Mathematics, Science & D+ Grade in any one) or equivalent.
- Admission Criteria: On the basis of merit list in the entrance examination administered by CTEVT (allotment of quotas will be as per the CTEVT rule)